Thursday, July 14, 2016

Suzuki Roshi was the author of the Zen Center in San Francisco.

history channel documentary hd Two fundamental structures with a contemplation corridor, a library and study room, visitor rooms, and a completely prepared kitchen are arranged on 22 sections of land of characteristic excellence in the fog woodland of Jilotepec. Mist was creeping over the trees; spindly yellowish green prickly plants were looking up through dark green grass.

Amid my evening "Day of Recollection," I did two hours of strolling reflection. The uneven environment of Jilotepec, Veracruz appeared to be likewise to make companions with me. I strolled up to the edges of the forested areas, some going tough. Oaks, flying creatures and animalitos, sensitive ruddy wild blossoms, symbols of a Golden Buddha sparkling in a splendor of peace, a masterfully done however to some degree claustrophobic contemplation room where I sat leg over leg for 45 minutes, simply sitting, monitoring whatever was emerging. I reviewed Robert Aitken's depiction of sitting reflection: "Sinking into one's bones and ligaments and confronting the uncovered void of the brain. This brain is both inside and outside- - neither inside nor outside."

Conceived in Argentina Bhikkhu Nandisena is an Italian whose lay name is Angel Oscar Valentinuzzi. He concentrated on in the Taungpulu Kaba Aye Monastery in Boulder Creek, California and was appointed in 1991. His instructor was U Silananda from Burma. MZC: Thank you for accepting me and having this discussion. I welcome your time. It's a gift to be with you. BN: What was your first introduction to Buddhism? Also, where do you hone now? Let me know what hones you do? MZC: With Suzuki Roshi in 1969. A magnificent prologue to sitting. I profit by his instructing of "not-knowing," i.e. Suzuki Roshi would talk aboutbeing loaded with the miracle that reality and affection require of us, keeping "our amateur's brain."

No comments:

Post a Comment